Next week I’ll be on a plane again, heading back to Michigan for some time with family and friends. As I start prepping for another round of packing, I’ve been thinking about our recent trip to Taiwan, and how I really reminded me to only pack the essentials when I travel. That trip was go go go for seven [amazing] days and I learned some tricks to save me space and money and keep me feeling good no matter what time zone I’m in.
Hopefully these tips will help you the next time you travel!
- Bring along ginger gum to combat nausea whether you’re flying or driving through the mountains.
- Save on a travel-size bottle of shaving cream and use the free lotion in the hotel instead.
- Pack coordinating clothing you can create a variety of outfits from.
- Store a pack of soap sheets in your bag for more, how shall we say it, “rustic” bathrooms.
- Keep a tube of hydration tablets on hand to add to water on the go to prevent dehydration.
- Speaking of hydration, throw a few packets of a magnesium drink mix in your carry-on to help you drink more water on the plane as well as relax — magnesium calms the central nervous system.
- Opt for a small bottle of rosewater instead of bringing along a large bottle of toner. Mist your face with it to cool off anytime.
- Bring along some extra large plastic freezer bags to protect purchases/stop liquids from ruining your clothes.
- Pack a variety of bandages so your feet never slow you down.
- Always have an energizing snack on hand. I love these made with chia seeds.