If you’re someone who cannot get enough beauty products, Seoul is the city for you. If you’re like me, and requested your secret santa get you the latest Chanel nail polish (sorry to my cousin, Justin) or ended more than one sleepover not with girl talk but with your friend(s) falling asleep while you finished your nightly skincare regimen (sorry, Mal), then you need to make a K-Beauty wish list, stat. Hell, you probably already have one.
Once I heard we may go to Seoul, I started making mine. Living in Asia has changed how I take care of my skin in more ways than one. Double cleansing? Love it. Embrace your pale? Sure. And there are certain K-Beauty products I’ve been waiting to try that can be hard to find here in Japan — maybe you can’t import them or maybe they’re at a hidden beauty superstore I’ve yet to discover — I wanted them straight from the source.
With our anniversary just days away, Craig sealed his Husband of the Year award helping me track down some of these products, many of which have become popular in the states as of late. Will my skincare routine expand to 11 steps like women in Korea adhere to? I wish I could say I wasn’t almost there anyway.
But these are the products I worked some magic to fit into my tiny suitcase and I can’t wait to try. I’d read about them on various sites and blogs and I’ll be sure to post a follow up once I try them all. Happy shopping, fellow beauty addicts!
- TonyMoly Intense Care Hydro Gel Mask – Gold 24k Snail — Had to try one of the most popular ingredients as of late: snail extract. Sorry it’s hard to see in my attempt at an artsy pic.
- Laneige Multi Cleanser — I’ve been looking to change up my cleanser and this 4-in-1 version seems like a perfect one to end the day with.
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask — Billboards for this guy were everywhere. Still can’t say I get how sleeping masks are that different from night creams, but let’s do this.
- AmorePacific Treatment Cleansing Oil — Big fan of using oils to remove makeup and after seeing the ratings and reviews for this guy, I had to scoop it up.
- AmorePacific Treatment Toner — The second of my big-ticket items (not sorry), this one contains another popular ingredient — red ginseng — to calm and tone.
- MISSHA Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence — This guy’s supposed to be a dead ringer for a certain very pricey Japanese essence. So far, I’ve been using it in the morning and it does seem to give me a little glow. The significantly lower price sold it for me.