Well the process I’ve been half looking forward to and half dreading has begun: the apartment hunt. Craig and I have just begun looking for our new Tokyo home and saw our first batch of apartments this weekend. After almost two years here, I now know what I can expect in a modern Japanese apartment, which really helped us narrow down our search. When we find our new home, I’ll be sure to share some pics.
Enjoy my web finds for the week!
- I couldn’t agree more with the statement Tokyo has a “defining paradox of heart-stopping size and concurrent feeling of peace and quiet.” [Forbes]
- Get to know the Japanese author behind the best-selling book on organization, Marie Kondo. [The New Yorker]
- A truly inspiring journey I can’t help but be jealous of. [The New York Times]
- The Japanese are taking Twitter battles to court. [The Japan Times]
- The kanji of the year has been announced. [Japan Today]
- Adding this ramen joint to our list of must-visit places before all the tourists get here. [Munchies]
- Some amazing photos that show the awesome power of water. [BuzzFeed]
- Would you pay a cute guy to help you cry it out? In Japan, you can. [Refinery29]